Staff members that have tested positive for COVID-19 will not be able to return to work until:
• At least three days (72 hours) have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and,
• At least seven days have passed since symptoms first appeared; and,
• All symptoms have improved; and,
• Been released by the health department from monitoring.
Durand Senior Care and Rehab is implementing these strategies to protect their residents and employees from COVID-19:
• We are currently taking temperatures on all residents and staff twice a day.
• We are monitoring resident’s respiratory status two times a day.
• We have shut down all communal spaces and residents are quarantined to their rooms.
• We have limited all non-essential visitors for over the last 3 weeks.
• We have re-educated staff on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and how it is spread.
• Staff members are wearing masks when they clock in.
COVID-19 is present in our community, the Shiawassee County Health Department urges residents to continue social distancing by maintaining 6-foot separation from others and continuing to follow the Governor’s Executive Order to Stay Home, Stay Safe. For more information on COVID-19 please visit health.shiawassee.net